Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Christmas Party Success

(This is a really old post I never published. Sue me)

Hello my fellow alchies. The Christmas season is well upon us! This weekend I hosted one of what I hope to be many Christmas/holiday parties througout the remainder of the year. I had a signature cocktail, which will be its own post later on. This one, however, will just focus on the fallbacks and staples that I wanted to have for anyone who doesn't drink martinis...

One of the things that I consider most important in throwing a successful bash is choices. Yes, I had a signature drink that was the focus of the night. But we cannot forget our dear, dear friends, wine and beer. Those beautiful individuals that encompass a multitude of tastes. Satisfiers of both the classy and casual palettes. The familiar security blankets of the alcohol family...

I digress.

This extremely important detail was satisfied in a very simple way. I bought a couple bottles of my favorite cheap-but-good-enough-to-pass-as-expensive zinfandel (Poppy Fields Zin, 3.99$, Raley's). It's a huge step up in content from the classic Two Buck Chuck, without being much of a step up in price. Then to disguise, er, I mean, showcase my delicious wine, I poured them into decanters with homemade chalkboard tags. Observe:



Next, for my lovely, forgiving pal beer, I decided to up the ante a bit. After all, I was throwing a Christmas party! So, once again I turned to the source of all things craft: Pinterest. This little gem was not only easy to replicate, but it was also cheap, fast and it actually turned out like the example! Take that, Pinterest! Not gonna see me on any "pinterestfail" websites. Anywho, no Christmas party is complete without these fun additions. So without further ado, I give you: Reinbeers. Ya, I said it.



If you want to know how to make them, search it on Pinterest...this is an alcohol blog, not a craft blog...just kidding...kinda...I'm still not going to tell you how.

Happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment